Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Love Bollywood

August 22nd-23rd: Saturday-Sunday

Wow. The Wrights had Jim and me over to Saturday and Sunday night to watch the Bollywood movie Krrish. It was amazing. An epic combining the movies The Matrix, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, E.T., Sound of Music, Batman, and The West Side Story and a host of other movies. Possibly the best and worst movie I have ever seen. I recommend it to anyone with three hours to kill and an open mind. Don’t take it seriously because you may injure yourself. Instead just enjoy it for the jewel that it is.

Sunday afternoon was really fun. After bibles study and prayers Jim and I walked over behind the clinic and visited J.B. it was really fun. We sat and chatted with him and his two sisters and his wife. Their kids were really shy but were funny. J.B. said some encouraging things. There have been some meetings and bad talk about the clinic headed by two brothers. That Sunday morning there was a meeting to complain about the mission and JB went and he spoke up in our defense and even when we visited him he was still very upset. JB pretty much always has a smile on his face and he is always joking but when we first got there he was really down. J.B.’s wife whose name is Joyce made Jim and I some roast corn which is just corn cooked just over the fire until slightly burnt and it’s delicious. It was really fun to talk and hang out and I hope I can do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment