Monday, September 28, 2009

More From The Crusade

September 26th-27th:Saturday-Sunday

I have been really tired lately. Also I have had a slight headache the last two days and my ashma has been acting up as well. I hope I am not getting sick. Better now though than in a week.

Saturday morning I caught a ride into town with Unity and spent a while at easycom. I walked back and by 11:00 was out the door on a run. Decent run. Really tired but put in an ok time. After that I helped shell corn with the guys. Had lunch. That after noon I crashed in my room and listened to music and napped/dozed. Can’t believe how much I am sleeping.

Sunday morning I got up and did devotions and then before church I listened to a sermon and fell asleep in the middle of it. Church this morning was really good. During the sermon as is now my habit I read the bible. Read of Joseph and Daniel. That afternoon I went into my room and tried to listen to music but fell asleep again. Can you develop narcolepsy? Apparently it was Grace’s birthday this last week but she didn’t tell anyone because she was missing Amen and Gloria and no one knew. Not even Unity. I guess the cultures really are different. Wish this attitude was prevalent in the US because I can never remember peoples birthdays. Anyway she made some delicious cake so we have had that with everymeal. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Great culture.

The Crusade has been interesting. I think there are probably a couple thousand people at this thing. I spent Friday trying to get a good approximation. Some highlights. At one point in the “service?” the main speaker guy gathers all the people who need to be healed up front and then he calls down the Holy Spirit. Well usually he starts babbling in tongues and the interpreter then starts to. I guess he needs to translate the incomprehensible babbling into other incomprehensible babbling. I think he just gets so caught up he doesn’t realize that he doesn’t need to try to translate that. Another cool thing. A guy came Friday and said that Thursday he had been unable to pee and give a urine test at the hospital. However after coming to the crusade Thursday he was able to give a sample the next day. A mighty miracle. Another thing the speaker does is after a particularly amazing miracle, like the peeing man, he will chant “Je, Je, Je, Je” and the crowd will cry “JESUS!”. And then “Ye, Ye, Ye, Ye” and “YESU!”. Reminds of when I played football and before the game we would huddle up and put all our hands in the middle and chant “Go, go, go, go, Cowboys!”

No comments:

Post a Comment