Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Still Sick With No Malaria

August 17th-19th: Monday-Wednesday


Work these last few days has been a little rough. I’m still not feeling 100%. I’m rather weak and haven’t gotten my appetite back fully. However I’m not sick enough to sit around so I go to work everyday which has been good and I enjoy it. I had a slight fever after work on Monday but mainly I have been feeling much better. Slight headaches and sore throats in the morning but they generally dissipate before noon.


Kris was very sick so Craig and she didn’t take Mark, Kim, and Johan down to Entebbe. Pastor Dave took them down on Monday but Craig and Kris left Tuesday because Kris needed to do some things in Kampala and was greatly improved. So I mainly worked with Bob the last three days. Switched out the starter in his truck. Unloaded his container from America and then moved it up on the slab by the workshop, painted it white, and reloaded it. Also I have been doing math with Bobby and Anna this week. Wednesday Jim was worried that I wasn’t improving fast enough and had me come down to the clinic and get my blood drawn and checked for malaria again. No malaria. Yeah.


Wednesday hosted the second or third fiercest storm since I’ve been here. It rained incredibly hard for about an hour. Amazing flash lightening. It was just like someone was flipping on and off a light switch in the sky. That night Jim, James, and I watched Enemy at the Gates which is about a Russian sniper during the Second World War It’s a really cool movie.

1 comment: