Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Sunday

August 9th Sunday


Uncovered sorghum this morning when I woke up. Then I ate some toast for breakfast and that didn’t settle very well but I just shrugged it off as nothing. Little did I know. Church was really good I sat with Jim and I bunch of the clinic workers who have been coming regularly which is really cool to see.


At lunch we invited over a couple of guys. David, who is at university and is from Namalu. This was his last week because he’s going back to school this week. Also had a guy named Hilary over. He said his name and I had to work very hard at keeping a strait face. There are a lot of Karamojan here with guys/girls names innappropriatley given. This Hilary guy is an absolute riot. He described Bob Wright as “The man with his great stone house. He comes with his chest and his legs.” He really loves to ride his pickeys (motorcycles) and he was talking though about how in America the cowboys ride the motorcycles like this, and at this point he leans way back in his chair and puts his hands over his head on invisible handlebars. He thought that was pretty silly. He likes to be crouched down looking where he is going. He described the cowboys clothing as “leather jackets with the things hanging down on the sleeves and the boots with pointy shoes and the cloth on the head. Oh man.


I didn’t eat much at lunch and I was really tired so I went and napped a little that afternoon. After prayers Jim and I went on a walk and had a really good talk but I was really feeling lousy at that point. Ugh. Hung out at the Wrights and and then finished the Dark Night and then got on the computer tell late.


1 comment: