Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eazy Peezy Lemon Squeezey and Return of the Wasps

August 1st-2nd: Saturday and Sunday


Saturday morning everyone woke at 5:00 and we packed for Sipi. We left very early, around 6:00. We got to Sipi around 9:00. That morning we hiked. Incredibly beautiful. Although it was raining right before we got to the swimming hole as soon as we got there the sun popped out just for a moment. We went ahead and jumped in. it was soon cold it took my breath away. I’ve been swimming in the mountain lakes of the Rocky Mountains but this seemed so cold. We got back from the hike and had lunch at 3:00. Then a group headed out to go repelling and Jim, Johan, and I went to go rock climbing.


These two guys were our guides for rock climbing. They were really funny. They told us to watch out for our “mangos” when we put on the harnesses. The first four routes we did were called Eazy Peezy Lemon Sqeezey, Muscles, and the next two were called Return of the Wasps. I guess the first one was just really easy and the next one you had to grab on to this rock sticking out and pull yourself using only your shoulder muscles. The next to were called Return of the Wasps because there were these wasps that would nest in the handholds and even if you killed them they would return by the next day. So we had to battle the wasps. I’m not a very good rock climber but this stuff seemed really hard. When we’d get stuck these guys would say “do you want to cheat? I think you want to cheat, you want to cheat.” Then they’d give a heave and boost us up a little.


That night we ate at Sipi River Lodge. Tomato soup and chapattis to start with. Then grilled fish, veggies, and chips (French fries). Really, really good. Then for dessert we had mangos and whipped cream. So good.


Sunday morning we woke at six and had breakfast and packed all our stuff. Jim and I climbed to the top of the hill that the crow’s nest sits on and watched the sun not rise. We went up to watch the sunrise but I guess we sould have had to wait longer than we were able. Oh well, it was a good not sunrise. I slept all the way back to Karamoja. That afternoon I listened to music and worked on my blog. Later Jim and I went on a walk. I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment