Saturday, July 18, 2009

Why Alice's Adventure In Wonderland Is Really Scares Me And Other Non-Related Thoughts

July 6th-7th : Monday and Tuesday


My music works! Monday night Johan figured out how to switch all the files from iTunes to real player. It’s really good to be able to listen to my music although I have only 580 songs which aren’t much at all. Better than none though. 


Today I finished Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland. That book really scares me. I don’t like it at all. The other book about Alice though. Through the Looking Glass is one of my favorite books ever. Wonderland is a frightening book because she is lost and can’t get out. Also there aren’t any rules in the book. Things aren’t set and she is alone. However in Looking Glass she enters the world purposefully and she can always return whenever she wants. Also there is a purpose, a mission to become queen. There are a set of rules to follow. Plus Jabberwocky is a wonderful poem. 


Tuesday afternoon all the Tricaricos except James the RP team, Johan, Dave Okken, and I went to an out reach. We traveled past Namalu to a government started settlement were Monday-Friday, excluding Wednesday because of market day, Dave and Al teach about creation and the Gospel. It was very interesting. There was a guy there who was sort off a self proclaimed pastor who had several things to say although he was rather long winded. I was interested to better understand how the Karamojan think. Dave somehow brought up how God used to send dreams to specific people like David and the Africans still believe that he does that; or more specifically that dreams have power. One said they were only from God if the name of Jesus Christ was in your dream. Also the village leader who is elected stood up at the end and basically asked the mission for a bunch of stuff.


 While we were there I started feeling really cold which has never happened in the day in Africa. By the time we got back I was sure I had a fever. I took a nap that afternoon and by the next day it was gone. Jim gave me a Tylenol that I think was a kid’s chewable one because it tasted like cherry when I ate it. 

1 comment: