Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Much Shorter Post

July 13th : Monday


The RP team left this morning. I hate saying goodbye. I am really going to miss those guys. Craig and Kris are taking them down and then picking up the next group so I am on my own for work. Craig says to finish as much as possible on the banda before we run out of materials. Also to paint the other completed banda and then to pick beans and hibiscus. James and I started painting the banda then today. 


This evening Jim and I finished our cigars we started Saturday night. I know a big “no, no” for cigar smokers. This was my first Cuban cigar and it tasted really good. Jim and I listened to Wilco on my computer and talked late. We talked about how bittersweet goodbyes are because without them you wouldn’t realize how precious people and relationships are. We talked about how uncontent we are in this world. How because of sin and struggles and an imperfect world we can never be really happy or content here. I really look forward to heaven. We also talked about relationships and how cigars taste better on the first night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment