Saturday, July 18, 2009

Of Jello, Sleepovers, And A Lesson On Ordering Things Over The Phone

July 14th-16th : Tuesday-Thursday


Jim and Johan left for two days in Mbale this afternoon. They will be gone tell Thursday night. Jim will be working in a hospital down there and Johan will come and help out. This means that I have the banda to myself which means James and I can have a sleepover. We decided to make jello for a snack tonight. At lunch we made a layer of lemon flavored jello which James promptly spilled half of on the floor. Then after work, we painted all day, we added another layer on top. Flavor, mixed berry, bright blue in color. This time I put it in the fridge so James wouldn’t spill it. I ate dinner with the Tricaricos and the Okkens. Grilled meat with mashed potatoes and mushroom sauce. Then James and I stole some music from Emily and put it on his phone. When we went to out to my banda we out it all on my computer and I gave him some music. The jello was delicious although is kinda mixed together into a green color. 


Wednesday we finished painting and cleaned up, got in a mud fight with two little girls who belong to a clinic worker, and blew up the excess petrol we used to clean the brushes. After lunch we did a bunch of odd jobs. We put side bars on the tip top most bunk in my banda because we will have five guys in there at one point soon. We also fixed a door and jewi-collied a pulley system in the Tricarico’s bathroom so they can use their sun shower. I made dinner on my own that night. Toasted cheese sandwiches with tomatoes and an apple. We had bible study at the Okkens and afterward James and I picked out a movie and went to my banda. We took two extra mattresses and made a couch, one on the floor the other upright against my bed and we piled all the pillows on top. We brought out James’ electrical system from his phone shop (a car battery) so we wouldn’t run out of battery power because we were using my computer. We watched Sum of all Fears and at beef jerky and some leftover brownies and pudding. Had a lot of fun. When we finished we sat around and talked tell 11:30. That’s the latest I’ve ever stayed up here. 


Thursday James and I got up at 6:30 and went to room 4 and read our bibles together and James made us coffee. We then picked hibiscus tell 11:30 and spent the entire rest of the day cutting and separating it. James has a friend in Mbale, Alex, who can get anything so Wednesday James ordered some CDs for me and then today he tried to find out if Alex could find any climbing gear. Alex found nylon climbing rope and then he told use that they were making carabineers? James called him and in the back round there were these loud banging sounds and Alex said “oh yes, we are making them now”. The Eldeens had car trouble and won’t be coming up today which means that Jim and Johan won’t either but Mrs. Tricarico and Emily decide to go to Mbale today so they picked up the rope and CDs from Jim. As it turns out the rope it small nylon threads breaded together in 30 foot lengths with a loop braided into one side. The carabineers are “S” shaped half inch metal pipe. I don’t know what we’re going to do with them. We called Craig and asked him what we should do tomorrow because we finished all our work so he says we can have a day off. That night James and I got on the computer and googled rock climbing and learned nothing that could help us. So I showed James some Barat and Bereta. 

1 comment: