Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lazy Sundays and Friends

July 19th-21th: Sunday-Tuesday


I love Sundays here. This Sunday I slept tell I woke at 8:30 and had a relaxing morning reading my bible and listening to music in room 4. I think I am developing relationships with some of the Africans here. Namely Kosmas. Although recently Jim and I have been meeting and praying with a guy from the clinic named Mark. He’s really a cool guy and I have really enjoyed getting to know him. he seems to be a strong Christian and its cool and encouraging to befriend him. 


This new group is very different than the last one. Most of them are younger and the girl to guy ratio has changed a lot. There are four girls in this new group and only two guys. The estrogen levels have really risen dramatically here. Keeping at staying afloat. Monday night the girls had bible study so all the guys went over to the Wrights house and ate dinner there. We had Ti food which was really good. The girls have been helping to teach at the outreach this week. They have been teaching the kids lesson. They have also been helping at the Okkens house with Megan. They also helped pick hibiscus and cut it on Monday. Tuesday the guys and I repainted the top of the benches at the clinic and then in the afternoon they went to the outreach and I helped the Africans cut down a tree in the corner of the compound because we needed room for the thresher. Made eight new blisters in about twenty minutes. I have really weak hands.


Went running Monday and Tuesday. Some guys from the new team wanted to go which was fine. It changes how Jim and I run but I still felt like I got a good workout in and I’m glad they got to go running. Jim and I have gotten into the habit of praying together most nights before I go to bed. It has been really good because it gives me a chance to talk to someone about my thoughts and Jim being older and wiser tends to teach me stuff. He has been the single biggest blessing of my being in Africa. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you've gotten a chance to become friends with Jim. It sounds like God has really blessed you with him.

    ReplyDelete