Sunday, October 18, 2009

In Which I Say Farewell To My Toenails

October 15th-17th: Thursday-Saturday

Thursday during school Patrick trimmed on of the trees there. I say trimmed because that is the word he used but what he actually did was cut off every branch with leaves on it. During break time all the kids were to be found underneath the tree bouncing up and down on the branches and chasing each other with sticks performing Jackie Chan moves. It was hilarious.

By Friday my toes seemed to stop collecting puss and had stopped hurting. That night I was looking at them and realized they were really loose. So I grabbed on to them and just peeled them off. It was fascinatingly disgusting. I have packaged them and am sending them to parties unknown as revenge for past grievances against me. Just kidding. Maybe. Watch out.

My dad brought my Zune over but it seemed to have some mechanical difficulties so he had to take it back in order to fix it. Thankfully my little brother Pete has burned me a couple cds so I have been listening to all this week.

I bought my bus ticket for Dar Es Salaam on Saturday. I leave Monday at 7:15. due to my knowledge of African time hopefully we will be on the road by 8:00. It will take about 8 hours to get form Moshi to Dar so I will just spend the night in Dar to save money. I plan to stay with an old friend of Al Tricarico. Then on Tuesday I will take the ferry to Zanzibar. If everything works out I will be able to go on a spice tour that afternoon. I plan to spend the night in Zanzibar and then on Wednesday explore Stone Town and with any luck go snorkeling. I will take the night ferry back to Dar. As I understand the night ferry takes about 6 hours to traverse the distance between Zanzibar and Dar. However it is not allowed to dock tell after 5:30 so I will most likely have some time in Dar before I can catch a bus back to Moshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment