Monday, October 26, 2009

And Then I Go Home

0ctober 22nd: Thursday

I awake to the light of day streaming in through the windows of the ferry. We are steaming into Dar. We depart in a large mob. Every one is very rude getting of the boat. I am consistently elbowed, poked, and shoved. Why does everyone need to get of so fast? I manage to finally get off. I find the daladala that my driver friend Muhammad from the ferry said should take me to the bus stop.

We docked at 6:00 and it takes the daladala a half hour to get to the bus stop. I fight my way through the mob of guys who are trying to make a few shillings by buying me a ticket or taking me somewhere I already know where to go. I make it to Dar Express office and try to buy a ticket. Unfortunately the 7:00 bus is a more expensive one. So the man puts me on the 6:30 bus. Another worker leads me in a wild goose chase throughout the bus station looking for our bus. We finally find it, third in line for going out the gate. For whatever reason I am not allowed to get on there. First we have leave the station and cross the station. Then as the bus leaves the station I am ushered aboard.

Sleep some of the trip home but I can’t get comfortable. O finish my book and spend several hours staring out the window. We finally arrive at 3:05. it is good to be back in Moshi. I walk down to easycom and do some email. Then I go home.

It is good to see everyone. I realize ow hard it will be to say goodbye to everyone. We go to prayers that night where I pray and play with the little kids in turn. That evening I hang out with unity and his family. It is good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment