Thursday, March 25, 2010

Of Boda-bodas and Food of the Baumgardner

March 14th: Sunday


Jim and Jenny needed to drive back up to Nakaale for church so we all left Sipi early and they dropped us at the junction again where Milton picked us and brought us into Mbale. He dropped us at the Proctars where we had breakfast and then we went to church with them. This was our second Sunday in Mbale and it was kinda nice to see everyone again.


After church we returned to the Wingaurds house and I caught a boda-boda into town. I had an infection in my leg which was paining me so I wanted to get started on the drugs. I went to Andy Co. After taking a boda-boda back I had lunch which was this pasta with spicy tomato sauce and naan and some calzones Heather had made. She is amazing.


That afternoon Heather and I went to the same bible study that Jenny, Rachel and I had attended the week before. This time it was at Yeroen’s and Eid’s gave us a ride out there. Not so many people sowed up this time but people I had met that week and knew from last week. It was really cool to get to know some more people in Mbale. We had a really good discussion and then some great food. The Eid’s gave us a ride back into town as well where we got to see the Wrights and here how things at the Irish Ball went.

No comments:

Post a Comment