Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Of Bicycles and Thunder Storms

February 19th-20th: Friday and Saturday


I got up early Friday morning and did devotions and did some few excercises. that morning I did school with Bobby and then did science with him and Anna. after eating lunch at the main house I took Jim’s bicycle for a spin and headed over to the clinic to see JB. the bikes here are all old school full metal bicycles and somehow they are incredibly unstable. I’m not sure why but you seem to have a really high center of balance and little control. however I enjoyed my bike over to the clinic, the sun was shining, the men where under the etule tree, the women were working.


I stopped in the clinic to see if JB was around. I sayed hello to Moses and Susan who made me try some “cookies”. flour with sugar fried in oil. Like a sweet mendazi. I biked back to JB’s house. he took a spill coming back from Takora visiting his wife and his knee is all infected and he may have broken his inky finger. A kamakazi goat got him. He seemed a little down. Losike is in Namalu with the grandmother. we talked for a half hour and he had me try these little seeds that pack an incredible unch, nasty and bitter.


After 5:00 Moses, Robert, and Albert came over from the clinic to play football. Moses had to be on my team, poor guy. After a bit Justin showed up and played with Robert and Albert played sides.


That night all the singles and the kids came over here to eat dinner and hang out. Jamie and Rachel blasted music and we talked and hung out tell ten. it was fun and stuff.


Saturday was a bit of a strange day. I got up and went over to help Craig and Bob. I helped Craig lay tiles all morning tell lunch. I made lunch and dark clouds starting rolling in and thunder sounded. Just as I finished it began to rain. It poured rain for nearly an hour. After wards I went over and Craig and I finished putting down the Jim’s master bedroom.


After work then Albert, Robert, and Moses came over and we played football in the mud tell I had to go shower for community meal. Dinner was delicious and after wards the Wright kids came over and we watched Wallace and Grommet: Curse of the Were-Rabbit at the tricarico’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment