Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a Short Blog Where I Return to the Homeland

March 15th-16th: Monday and Tuesday


Monday we resumed drilling at Yeroen’s. Dave and Bob have combined their two methods of drilling and Monday Bob used one of Dave’s hammer bits and his air compressor to drill with foam. The foam is the consistency of shaving cream and made of soap and water. It constantly gushes out of the hole as it is pumped through the system and creates a huge mess. After set up we drilled for about 5 hours and got through more than 40 feet of rock but only hit a little water. That night we ate at the landmark again.


Tuesday Martha decided to go back up to Nakaale and I came along as tire-changer man. We stopped off in town and collected some few groceries and food from Yeroen’s. Rachel and I went in and got to say goodbye to him. The trip up was uneventful. The road was horrible and we say a Tank sitting by the road along with a couple bored looking army officers.


It had been more than a week since I was last in Karamoja and I was glad to be back. It makes me realize how much I really like it here and will miss it when I leave in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment