Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In Which I Do Some Cleaning Up and Sort My Possesions

June 15th-16th :Monday-Tuesday


Finally sorted all my stuff today. I unloaded all my stuff from my trunk and put what I needed on my shelf in my banda. I then took all the extra medicine, food, sun shower, my jackets and computer, and the rest of my unused possessions back in my plastic container. I have all my medicine, sun screen, and deodorant and stuff on the left side of my shelf. On the right is all my books, my walle,t money, and headlamp. I keep my shoes on the very bottom shelf so things won’t crawl in them at night and my backpack, belt, gloves and hat hang from some nail in the wall. 


Monday Craig had us shovel all the dirt from the house into a field nearby  then on Tuesday morning Craig bought a bunch of rocks for the foundation for the banda that is being built at the clinic for staff quarters. In the afternoon I went with Craig to the workshop which is on the Wrights’ compound to make the window frames and and the door frames for the banda. 


It rained for the first time on Monday night. It began around 5:30 and only lasted about 45 minutes. It rained pretty hard but apparently was a less than average rainfall for this time of year. Tuesday night the team went to the Eldeens’ home for dinner and they made us hamburgers and french fries and it was delicious. 


My hand is seriously infected and Dr. Jim has given me antibiotic pills to take three times daily. Hopefully my hand will heal without making me sick. I have been sick a couple at times at night since I’ve been here. I’ve thrown up once and been up late at night feeling pretty bad. I figure it’s the food and all the new bugs that my body isn’t used to yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment